Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Flooring

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Leon wrote:

I have a small deck in front of my store room, basically a porch to
ease entry into the store room. I used 5/4 TP decking for the
surface boards 3 years ago. 3 or 4 times those top boards have
warped so severely that they have broken the Deck screws holding them
in place.

Holy cow - I have dealt with a fair amount of deck boards and have never
seen one twist or move so much as to break the screws. Must be sumptin'
in the Houstin air...

Moisture maybe? A fellow bought the place next door (10 acres.central
Florida) and hired a fence around the perimeter. Post & rail PT. The
3/4" rails didn't break the screws but they did pull put of them. I was
always chucking his boards back over the fence.

He sold, new guy rebuilt the fence; or, the rail part at least. Also used
an "X" between rails. No idea how he fastened them but they have been
good for the last couple of years.

I'd like to see the 90 degree twist too. NOT saying it doesn't exist,
just curious.

--

dadiOH