Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Flooring

Doug Winterburn wrote in news:54dfadb2$0$57800
:

My flooring is floating over a concrete slab. Been in for about 4 years
with no signs of wear or other problems. Not sure why you're so
negative on Bruce flooring. Do you have experience with it?

I said don't ask how I know about tearing out a glue-down floor :-)

Had to take up a Bruce floor which did not hold up in a home
office...the finish just wore away, and then the planks started
delaminating.

Now, Bruce makes a wide selection of flooring, and yours may
hold up better, especially if it's low-traffic. But for someone
looking to do an install, I would definately look at other
vendors. From personal experience I know Anderson is good,
even their lower-priced lines, but I'm sure there are others.

John