Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Flooring

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 12:25:25 PM UTC-6, Casper wrote:
My hunch is the texture
of the OSB isn't right for those kind of tiles.

I'm supposing this home is on pillars, not a slab.

I might suspect the OSB has started to expand because of moisture, over time. I suspect you'd need to pull up the OSB, if its damaged that way, or in any way. It may no longer be a proper subflooring, anymore. Do you know if there is other subflooring, under the OSB, and if it's in good shape?

A moisture barrier is a consideration, somewhere in the mix. Is there presently one and is it still in good shape.

I'm not familiar with plywood flooring, but I suppose you'd have to glue it down, maybe toe-nailed on the edges. You'd need a good subfloor to glue it to.

Other than these thoughts, I have no info/knowledge on the ply flooring and for what type of home it's best recommended for, i.e., pillared or slab, if applicable.

Sonny