Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Screw sizes. or Lag bolts going smaller too.

On 2/12/2015 10:48 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/12/15 8:12 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/12/2015 6:40 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/11/2015 9:06 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'll never use another lag bolt again when there are structural
fasteners available that are stronger and made to much higher
standards.

Yep. Been quite a few years since I've bought a lag bolt from a Borg.

A structural screw like Spax or GRK, besides being hugely stronger in
sheer force, has an added benefit in being easier to drive with a
quality cordless drill.

Expensive, but well worth it in strength and labor savings.

These are what I buy if strength matters, and yeah you can get them at
the borg. ;~)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SPAX-1-4-...1527/202041039

I love Spax.
Next time you're there check out FastenMaster, if they're carried in
your neck.
I used this product on my "Sharn" and they were amazing...
http://www.fastenmaster.com/details/product/thrulok-screw-bolt-fastening-system.html

Thanks. I think I have seen them on TOH recently.