Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Screw sizes. or Lag bolts going smaller too.

On 2/12/15 6:40 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/11/2015 9:06 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'll never use another lag bolt again when there are structural
fasteners available that are stronger and made to much higher
standards.

Yep. Been quite a few years since I've bought a lag bolt from a
Borg.

A structural screw like Spax or GRK, besides being hugely stronger in
sheer force, has an added benefit in being easier to drive with a
quality cordless drill.

Expensive, but well worth it in strength and labor savings.

And they're not what I call "single drive." Meaning, you can back one
out and drive it back in without it breaking off like a lag bolt.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--