Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default remedy for clean cut

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 13:14:39 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

That just might work! Let us know if it does as it will probably
eliminate the need for a pattern.

i will report back on it

BUT keep in mind when you created the halves you have already removed
some material so I would think that your removing half the thickness
of the replacement material from each side might be a touch too much.

you're right, good catch
I may secure a couple of winds of tape around the bearing to handle that

Practice on a scrap.

it's close to being scrap so will go for it
I can always salvage something from it

i like those challenges
let's face it sometimes the usual stuff gets boring

i even have started to look at objects of wood at the 2nd hand
shops and imagine them in a different form

an old kitchen table
cut the legs to coffee height
cut the discards in half
laminate those to the remaining legs
put a square edge to the top
refinish

trying to imagine how it could look is the fun part

you get the idea
folks get tired of looking at the same patterns
whether it be the table's edge or geometric shape or color
sometimes applying some thought and tools can make a difference