Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 17:05:53 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/5/2015 1:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 12:54:18 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper at dot wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Not so much as the robotic arms that I use from behind a concrete
windowed wall to operate the TS. ;~)

You're actually in a bunker 3 miles away, in case of severe kickback then?

Puckdropper

I've been teaching my sons all about table saw safety. I think they've grasped the basic concepts...

http://cdn1.thewoodwhisperer.com/wp-...woodshop_1.png

Yeah! But looking at that picture, there are some that teach to push
the wood through like that.

With the wrong hand?

IMHO, while you are not in direct line of a
possible kickback you are certainly increasing the chances of a kick
back. I am of the opinion of that you should be holding down as much as
pushing.

Sure, he's holding down but he's *not* pushing. I stand to the side,
behind the fence, as well but push with my left hand while
guiding/holding with my right. If in doubt, I'll get out the
featherboards.

I also think the kid in the back is trying to give the shop teacher a
heart attack, too.