Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 6:06:15 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/5/2015 1:16 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 12:54:18 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper at dot wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Not so much as the robotic arms that I use from behind a concrete
windowed wall to operate the TS. ;~)

You're actually in a bunker 3 miles away, in case of severe kickback then?

Puckdropper

I've been teaching my sons all about table saw safety. I think they've grasped the basic concepts...

http://cdn1.thewoodwhisperer.com/wp-...woodshop_1.png

Yeah! But looking at that picture, there are some that teach to push
the wood through like that. IMHO, while you are not in direct line of a
possible kickback you are certainly increasing the chances of a kick
back. I am of the opinion of that you should be holding down as much as
pushing.

It's the other kid with his face in direct line of the kickback that I "like". Obviously (at least to me) that picture was staged.