Dan Bollinger

Default Boiling?

Greg, Thanks! Neat setup and one I can replicated this afternoon. I have =
an unlimited supply of open top drums.=20

"Greg Kulibert" wrote in message =
I just couldn't get larger red oak bowls (14-24")to dry without =

cracking
until I tried boiling.
I have a 55 gallon drum cut across the middle. one half sits with the =

cover
down and makes a super container. The other sits with the cover up and =

with
some of the sides removed makes a dandy stand. Put the bowls and water =

in
the top and light a fire with the trimmings in the stand. Weigh down =

the
bowls with bricks etc. boil for an hour or so and then leave overnight =

cool. Remove and let air dry and then bag and dry slowly.
Greg