Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Runners for Cross Cut Sled - Hardwood or Aluminum?

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 19:20:45 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/4/2015 7:04 PM, Leon wrote:

of that.

I've been thinking of trying TopKote (or whatever it's called these
days) and even bought a can but it doesn't say anything about
preventing rust. Did they change the formula? I really don't like
Boeshield but I like rust a lot less.

Way back when, when Topcote was originally made by Empire, I bought it
to only slick up my TS Top, that is what it was made for. It was great
for that but after about 6 months I noticed that I was no longer having
an issue with rust.
You need to put on a lot the first time, a few coats and the more you
use it the better it protects. It is not guaranteed to prevent rust but
as a bonus it works better for me than any thing else I have tried.

This place is the leas expensive that I have found for TopCote/GlideCote.

http://www.cabinethardware.com/Searc...Search=topcote

Wow! Free shipping, too. I've seen prices like that but they don't
tell you that they charge $15-$20 shipping and handling.