Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Runners for Cross Cut Sled - Hardwood or Aluminum?

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:50:15 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/2/2015 6:46 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:42:13 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 2/2/15 6:35 PM,
wrote:
I certainly wouldn't use (any)
metal runners on my cast saw table.

Why?

scratches = rust

Kinda defeats the purpose of coating the cast iron.

Most the places I get rust are not in scratches, and who cares if it
does. Rust will come off very easily with simple use.

Rust goes a lot deeper than what you're going to take off with a
little wood.

If you have a
surface that is rusting you need to use the machine more. ;~)

Well... I haven't used it in at least three months and it'll be
another three months until I can again. :-(