Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 9:07:00 PM UTC-6, Max wrote:

I have to watch myself more closely when I'm doing a repetitive task
whether cutting boards down to size, jointing, routing, if I have a
large number of the same operation I learned early on that strict
attention must always be observed.

I've been doing lots of jointing, lately.... making sure my loose sweatshirt sleeves are pulled up to my elbows. Similarly, I make sure my shirt tail is not loose enough, such that the wind, from the spinning jointer head, doesn't draw my shirt into the blade area.... I don't have the guard installed over the head.

Sonny