Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The Color of Poplar, Internal Tension and TS Splitters

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 4:52:04 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
On 2/2/2015 2:27 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In any case, the ripping is done, I now have to wait for a decent dado set to magically appear in my shop so that I can start on the grooves and stub-tenons.

No problem, here's how I do that.

Whittle a 'wood eye' out a piece of dark reaction poplar

Wood Eye? Wood Eye?

Hair lip! Hair lip!

and rub it
briskly while standing in the shop at the exact moment of sunrise,
chanting "Om... just a few brads until the glue dries, Om...", to the
tune of "Misty Mountains Cold". Then post a YouTube video link to the
wREc of your performance before sundown of the same day.

Never fails ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net