Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Is It Me Or My Dado Blade?

On 1/28/2015 2:53 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote:

I believe the "quality tool" route is the way to go. The question
now is: how much quality do I need? SD508 quality, SD208 quality,
or something in between?

The old adage applies.

There is no such thing as a cheap tool.

There is the quality tool you buy once and move on to other tasks.

There is the low inital cost tool that doesn't quite do the job and
you
replace it with another low inital cost tool in hopes of solving the
quality issue. Sooner or later you buy the quality tool.

I bought the SD508 and yes it HURT at the time; however, knowing that
everytime I reach for the SD-508, it's going to do the job makes the
HURT go away a little faster.

Good luck.

Lew

Precicely!

A tool that gives you repeated good results and calls for you to use it
time and again is a great tool and you will seldom remember the sting of
the price.