-e-

Default Boiling? BE CAREFUL

there have been people badly burned with this process. As the wood gets to
the boiling-point it will expand, and therefore it is important to have a
pot large enough for the wood item to not become sealed in the container.
if it does, the whole thing might explode. be certain to check out all the
issues and safety considerations.

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...
This weekend another turner was telling me about a seminar he attended.

The
instructor--sorry, I've forgotten his name--recommended accelerating the
process of drying a rough green-turned bowl by boiling it in water for
approx. 30 minutes. He claimed it reduced the drying time from 6-9 months
to more like a few weeks.

Has anyone heard of this? Is it valid?

Max