Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] joy2lane47@gmail.com is offline

Default Bowling alley lane salvage

On Saturday, May 4, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Glen N. Williams, Jr. wrote:
I am planning on building a workbench to last a millenia. I would
like to build the top from the lane of a bowling alley, but am at a
loss as to where to find a scrap or salvageable lane. Since these are
made out of rock maple, it should last a long time with proper care.

Anybody out there have any idea where to find a bowling alley salvage
dealer? I know this sounds strange, but I am serious.

A friend of mine got his from habitat for humanity. There was nails in it so use a saw blade the will cut thru nails.