Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Wow the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig looks even better after seeing thisvideo

On 1/15/2015 12:25 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

I nave sent them an e-mail inquiring about their stainless steel
screws.

And the answer is! Kreg uses .305 SS in for their screws.

Which is basically the same as 304 except better suited to drawing
which makes sense for fasteners, but it's still not very good for
marine applications.

Lew

Yep, which makes Kreg liable for failures if they are saying it is
marine grade.

Nice law suit waiting. A-holes.

I have a grudge against Kreg for what they did to the extruded aluminum
they bought. At the shows it was like $25 for the fence 90 degree
extrusion. They bought the rights and it was then the next year like $90
and had to be bought with their band saw fence if I remember the numbers
correctly.

--
Jeff