Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Wow the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig looks even better after seeing thisvideo

"Leon" wrote in message

http://ezine.woodworking.com/JigBase...Jig/index.html

Notice on the video how long it takes to drill the holes when drilling
at this angle and also notice how the pieces don't stay aligned.
There was an obvious twist on the corner joint.

There were a number of problems... the warped center stile for one. Also
it appears that either one or both of the rails on the top and bottom
appeared to be warped too. I'll give Ernie the benefit of the doubt on
the length of the outside stiles... his process may include flushing the
ends and squaring the door after it's assembled.

I suspect the warped parts contributed to the alignment problem...

That said, the lack of panels suggests this was strictly a demo for
pocket screws!

John

Absolutely a demo however the rail and stile did not end up on the same
plane, the rail was twisted. I think that this indicates that the jig
does not sufficiently keep both pieces flat against the work surface.
Warped material or not with the Kreg set up and pivoting clamps surfaces
you can clamp the joint so that there is no movement. This jig is a
jack of all trades but a master at none, it would appear. Good idea
with perfect wood but perfect wood is rare.