Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wow the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig looks even better after seeing this video

"Leon" wrote:

http://ezine.woodworking.com/JigBase...Jig/index.html

Notice on the video how long it takes to drill the holes when
drilling at this angle and also notice how the pieces don't stay
aligned. There was an obvious twist on the corner joint.

"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

There were a number of problems... the warped center stile for one.
Also it appears that either one or both of the rails on the top and
bottom appeared to be warped too. I'll give Ernie the benefit of the
doubt on the length of the outside stiles... his process may include
flushing the ends and squaring the door after it's assembled.

I suspect the warped parts contributed to the alignment problem...

That said, the lack of panels suggests this was strictly a demo for
pocket screws!

Doubt you will ever see pocket screws in a marine application.

Salt air will get the screws even though it may take a couple of
years.

Lew