Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Drawer Bottoms 1/8" Hardboard + 1/8" Acrylic Coated MDF?

On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 5:51:03 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I read a suggestion to use 1/8" Hardboard topped with 1/8" Acrylic
Coated
MDF for kitchen drawer bottoms.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...9106/202090193

The theory is that the Acrylic Coated MDF looks good, is easy to clean
and wouldn't need to be covered with shelving paper, etc.

Has anyone done this?

Yes. I have used it here and there in my shop, also in the house as tray
bottoms (trays IN drawers).

If so, did you glue the panels together?

No, I just used the 1/8" tileboard. Why do you want a lamination of it
and hardboard?

The lamination would be to achieve a 1/4" thickness for the actual drawer bottom, not for a drawer tray.

If so, what type of glue works for hardboard and MDF?

Yellow glue. White glue. Plastic resin glue. Epoxy. IOW, any.

Thanks.

--

dadiOH