Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Beal[_3_] Howard Beal[_3_] is offline

Default Dennis Hasters and "over-criminalization"

"Ignoramus4936" wrote in message

If I was in Hastert's place, I would just disclose the sordid past
episode (as a fact, or as an accusation under dispute) and refuse to
pay. A gay pedophile "pro-family" Republican is hardly news these
days, and the story would be forgotten in a month or two with barely
any consequence. Maybe he would lose some business, but who cares, it
is better than being blackmailed.

We don't have all the facts. Perhaps Hastert is still an active pedophile
which is why he paid hush money. Expect more alligations and lawsuits
from people claiming to have been abused by Hastert. Evidence aquired
in a civil lawsuit can be used in a future criminal prosecution. I believe
illinios extended thier statute of limitations for sex abuse to 20 years in
2014.

Best Regards
Tom.