Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More metalworking today

Still on the mower deck ... yesterday the bearings I ordered to rebuild
two spindles arrived , and have been installed - smewth! Today I plan to
pull the two outboard spindles and replace them with the rebuilt units ,
sharpen and balance the blades (made a balancer cone the other night) mount
new front tires , and adjust the deck to run with the wheels off the ground
.. I found out this is a "terrain follower"deck , and can be run either
suspended or with the wheels supporting it .
I might also find time to start to build a device to weigh my bee hives .
I have a 110 lb dial type spring scale , plan on a 1:1/2:1/3:1 lever system
set up so I pull down on a lever to lift the hive . Pictures will be posted
when I finish it .
--
Snag