Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 37 Ways To Un-rig The U.S. Economy So It No Longer Favors The Rich

On Mon, 18 May 2015 12:33:56 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 3:09:51 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

slow eddy can't handle that experts know far more than he does. Once again we see the wheels coming off the slow eddy crazy train to nowhere.

I have to agree with Ed. I looked at the whole list and they were pretty much all platitudes. For example

18. Reform monetary policy to give higher priority to full employment.

19. Reinvigorate public investment to lay the foundation for long-term economic performance and job growth, including by investing in large-scale infrastructure renovation: a 10-year campaign to make the U.S. a world leader in innovation, manufacturing, and jobs.

20. Invest in large-scale infrastructure renovation with a 10-year campaign to make the U.S. a world infrastructure innovation, manufacturing, and jobs leader.

21. Expand public transportation to promote equal access to jobs and opportunity.

No concrete ideas here.

Dan

As Jeane Kirkpatrick used to say, it's a Letter to Santa Klaus.

And it isn't fair to Stiglitz. His full report is much more
intelligent than that knee-jerker Rosenfeld's cherry-picked list of
platitudes. It's just that Stiglitz is pretty far left, and better at
analysis than he is at prescriptions or policies.

--
Ed Huntress