Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Arduino

On 2015-05-17, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 04:02:59 -0400
"Steve W." wrote:

DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2015-05-15, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 5/14/2015 11:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni

[ ... ]

Not in the order which he has it. And it depends on the
alternate English meaning of "came" to translate the same in Latin. I
*don't* know Latin (except enough to recognize the warping of the
traditional saying). :-)

[ ... ]

The way it is written is considered to be slang for
I saw her and convinced her to have sex.

See:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...C+Vici%2C+Veni.

"I saw, I conquered, I came.

I saw her/him, I had sex with them, I ejaculated.

Exactly -- with the question of whether "veni" (came) also
translates to the other meaning in English.

Sort of like the "Semper ubi sub ubi" (not sure about the
spelling) for "Always wear underwear", which also depends on some
questionable translations. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--