Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Arduino

RogerN wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 12:49:21 PM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

snip
Some people have hacked the USB to serial interfaces:
https://jethomson.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/project-ouroboros-reflashing-a-betemcu-usbasp-programmer/
for a tiny, but useful computer. The programmer he converted, is dirt
cheap on Ebay.

Micocenter regularly sells their Arduino Uno clone for $9.99. This week, it
is on sale for $5.99. THAT is dirt cheap.

But then, there's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ATmega32...em3cebc0 9d60,
an uno clone from hongkong for $4.08 or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ATmega32...em3ce634 d3c9
a pre-programmed mega328 chip for $1.77.

I saw some ATmega chips with more memory and 40 pin DIP packages. I wonder
how difficult it would be to make one of those Arduino compatible? I just
thought it would be nice to have the most I/O and memory available with 5V
and DIP packaging.

RogerN

$2.46 each, including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151649146846