Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Arduino

Karl Townsend wrote:

Arduino works with their langauge but you can also us "C" language, so get
the documentation for GNU C for more capabilities.

I wrote a program that uses timers modeled after Allen Bradley PLC timers.

I also have BeagleBone Black and Raspberry PI, they have processing power
and lots of memory but I don't feel like I control all the code like I do in
an Arduino. Also I can't replace the processor as easily if I make a
mistake in the wiring.

RogerN

Roger, I played with PicBasic controllers for a while...

Seemed like a simple entry level control unit. How does these compare
to arduino?

Karl, there are quite a few levels of Arduino boards. Look at their
website to get a better understanding.

http://arduino.cc/