Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Arduino

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Arduino works with their langauge but you can also us "C" language, so get
the documentation for GNU C for more capabilities.

I wrote a program that uses timers modeled after Allen Bradley PLC timers.

I also have BeagleBone Black and Raspberry PI, they have processing power
and lots of memory but I don't feel like I control all the code like I do
in
an Arduino. Also I can't replace the processor as easily if I make a
mistake in the wiring.

RogerN

Roger, I played with PicBasic controllers for a while...

Seemed like a simple entry level control unit. How does these compare
to arduino?

The Arduino has a lot more instruction and variable memory. The Arduino
compiles your program to actually run in the microcontroller and full speed.
The Basic Stamp stores the user program in serial eprom and reads and
executes it from there.

The Arduino uses the free Gnu C Compiler and their language is just C
functions in libraries. You can download the Arduino programming software
for free and look at the samples, I thought it was easy to learn.

There are Arduino compatible boards for less $$ too.

RogerN