Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Lessig Charles Lessig is offline

Default Arduino

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 11:01:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
I just bought a starter kit to play with after just being introduced to
them. I wish I has seen these earlier, I can think of a bazillion
things to do. But, I'll just flash a LED for now. Too bad the book is
in a 3pt font!

My arduino came from Radio Shack's close out. I started with Blink, got
a GRBL driver shield from China and found GRBL and EFL software to stream
g-code to the arduino uno.

Just now it's sending 3D g-code from a huge down loaded file to test
the setup. This is way outside anything I know about.

There are some better looking free programs out there but so far the
Engineering For Less free program seems to work OK. I don't have to write arduino code with the EFL CNC software. It comes up on google.

No CNC machine yet, just 3 steppers and a 12 volt power supply twirling little paper tags. Great fun!