Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
snafu[_3_] snafu[_3_] is offline

Default Thread locking - Stainless steel into PVC

On 12-May-15 9:47 PM, William Graves wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2015 06:34:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 9:10:21 AM UTC-4, snafu wrote:
On 11-May-15 9:03 PM, wrote:
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 8:23:10 AM UTC-4, snafu wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what chemical means might be
useful to lock or bond the (probably stainless) metal connector to the
PVC to prevent unscrewing?

Boat/Marine supply stores have tons of sealants that bond to multiple
materials including PVC and stainless. You might consider Dow Corning
795 - I have used it to bond plexiglass windows to stainless hatches.
It probably would work with PVC but check the materials sheet.

I'll check it out - gave me an idea - I might look at Sika 291, its a
urethane adhesive that I *know* sticks very well to PVC & stainless.