Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Off topic Aspalt tach coat/primer

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 10:26:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 06:21:28 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I am going to attempt to repair my horrible driveway by cutting out some of the bad sections and installing hot mix asphalt myself. (I have a hot mix plant about 10 miles away that will load my trailer with hot mix.

I have read that the road crews use a tach coat of asphalt emulsion as a primer to help the asphalt stich to the old asphalt but am having trouble finding it locally. There is a lot of "asphalt emulsion primers" out there but they say they are for foundations and roofs. I am assuming these will not work for the application I am wanting?

I appreciate it!

By tach coat do you mean one that is applied fast? Oh wait, that
wopuld be Mach coat. Tach coating is for maybe measuring how fast cars
drive on your driveway? I think you really mean TACK coat. Don't you
think the folks that sell hot mix would know what's best?
ERS

I asked. They don't sell anything like that.