Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Robotics

Good idea. Use a large EEPROM and store the binary code for the
sound - use a 8 bit D-A and make the machine talk/growl. Might
use an 8 bit A-D to program it.

Iggy will likely pick a PIC and have it do the task.

Martin

On 4/13/2015 4:45 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus18077" wrote in
message news
The robot that I made with my son, that works like a tracked skid
steer, turned out to be really good. I have no idea how we will end
up
at the state level olympiad, but it is a good workable robot, like a
real skid steer, a machine for getting work done.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Robocross/

Following this, and realizing that motion and electronic components
are very cheap and good nowadays, I decided to make a surveillance
robot.

It will be mounted on a wheeled or tracked platform (off the shelf),
have a Raspberry Pi 2 linux computer, it will connect to wifi and
carry a camera. The use for it would be to be remotely controlled
and
explore my warehouse, so that I can tell it to go where I want, from
home, and I will be able to see the webcam stream from the robot.

I do not think that it will be particularly difficult to implement.
This is something that I always wanted to have, like "how is that
pile
of copper pipes doing in that corner" or "are there any puddles on
the
ground in this corner".

I do have cameras, about 8 by now, but they cannot cover everything.

Can you make it snarl and bark if it detects motion?

-jsw