Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Sponsorship of village events and such

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:19:00 -0500, BusinessMan
wrote:

If I sponsor such things, would it be realistic to expect some
lenience from the village? Ie they would say "yeah we know this guy,
he sponsors our events, lets go easy on him", is that realistic? Or
they do not care? This is a small village.

Not sure why this is in metalworking but...

That is the way things have worked for me. Get an invitation to join
the Rotary Club. Participate in city-connected events that need
volunteers.

At least in my area, the biggest ******* was the fire inspector so I
got to know him and the FD in general very well. I donated to the
FLIR fund and did a few other volunteer things. No problems.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com