Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sponsorship of village events and such

I have a business in a particular village.

While I try to observe all laws and regulations, I am surely not even
aware of some of them and might be breaking some minor laws and
regulations without knowing.

As such, I do not want to be bothered by code compliance inspectors
and any other kinds of inspectors, auditors or whatever. I hate
receiving noncompliance letters and so on. It just bothers me and my
paranoid nature always results in expended nerves and lost sleep.

Right now I feel that my village is treating me pretty good. I want
that to continue.

They have various things like "village golf outings" and "fire
department gala" or who knows what.

If I sponsor such things, would it be realistic to expect some
lenience from the village? Ie they would say "yeah we know this guy,
he sponsors our events, lets go easy on him", is that realistic? Or
they do not care? This is a small village.

I do not clandestinely manufacture nuclear explosives, or some such, I
am talking about more routine violations of minor regulations that I
might be unknowingly committing.

thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:19:00 -0500, BusinessMan
wrote:

If I sponsor such things, would it be realistic to expect some
lenience from the village? Ie they would say "yeah we know this guy,
he sponsors our events, lets go easy on him", is that realistic? Or
they do not care? This is a small village.

Not sure why this is in metalworking but...

That is the way things have worked for me. Get an invitation to join
the Rotary Club. Participate in city-connected events that need
volunteers.

At least in my area, the biggest ******* was the fire inspector so I
got to know him and the FD in general very well. I donated to the
FLIR fund and did a few other volunteer things. No problems.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

More puzzling events [email protected] Metalworking 9 November 30th 11 04:54 AM
When In The Course Of Human Events t Woodworking 2 October 13th 08 01:48 PM
Regulation and govt sponsorship at heart of Fannie collapse Ignoramus25005 Metalworking 4 October 6th 08 03:49 AM
Special Events Rex B Metalworking 1 February 27th 06 06:51 PM
Events in May/June Ron Williams Woodturning 3 January 28th 04 01:18 AM