Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

"robobass" wrote in message

This is an aftermarket cigarette lighter to replace the factory
power
outlet:
http://www.hondapartssuperstore.com/...ine-p-304.html

Jim,
I maybe didn't make myself clear in my other posts, but I'm actually
kind of against cigarette lighter plugs, and am seeking an
alternative. The socket in my car is fine, btw.

I don't like them either, but all the alternatives have their own
disadvantages on a dashboard. The other high-current vehicle panel
outlet and plug, for trailers, is even larger. Pigtail plugs like
OBDII are fine as long as the driver doesn't have to connect them.

My solar system uses 2-pin trailer connectors outdoors, banana jacks
at the wall plate, small Andersons in the charging wiring and large
ones to the UPS, and a lighter socket for the voltmeter or the laptop
DC supply. Each is a good choice for where it is.

-jsw