Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 4/9/2015 7:21 AM, robobass wrote:

I think I've got it. Something called AMP-SUPERSEAL, which I gather
is widely used in cars and consequently super-cheap online. You can
even get all kinds of rubber housings for it if you want to get
extreme, but the basic 2-pole unit looks like enough for me. I know
that the ciggie plug thing can be made to work, but it's partly an
aesthetic thing and partly size. We sometimes go tent camping on
the Dutch coast in my little Alfa Romeo wagon, and we number five
including the Au Pair. The glove box in that car is exactly what it
says - just big enough for some gloves and a few maps! Get a bigger
car? Sure, but my parking spot in central Cologne is just big
enough for the car I have, and I'd rather drive an Alfa than almost
anything else with four doors.

Ist Cologne bei Köln?

:^)

David

Köln is the short name, in full it was "Colonia Claudia Ara
Agrippinensium", which took up so much space on the maps that no one
was permitted to live east of it.

Our modern equivalent is
El Pueblo de Nuestra Seńora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de
Porciúncula.