Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 4/9/2015 4:38 AM, robobass wrote:
When the family makes a road trip I bring along a 12v 4 amp cooler.
The ciggie plug melted long ago and I wired up one of those 3/16"
cannon shaped connectors used for low voltage home stuff like
laptops, external HDs etc. It also gets very hot and is starting to
melt. What's a good off-the-shelf solution which doesn't take up
much
room? The whole ciggie plug thing is the dumbest convention ever, I
must say. I can't believe it's still extant.

Forget connectors, use broadcast power!
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/te...p_tesla_24.htm

"There were no connections between the rotors and stators, no
sparking, lousy brushes."

Pay Queen Elsa to zap the cooler permanently cold.