Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

"robobass" wrote in message
I have to
be careful using the outlet to charge the battery because the male
lighter plug would be hot on two exposed terminals if connected to
the
charger first.

-jsw

Yeah, and I don't know what kind of lighter plugs you use, but
capacity might also be an issue. Anyway, I maintain that ciggie plugs
are just dumb. The only reason we have them is because the socket is
already there, but it wasn't intended to supply juice to accessories,
let alone accept it for charging.

======

If you want to use a high quality German connector try these:
http://www.binder-connector.de/

I've used (not by choice) them in electric cars. They are so tricky to
assemble that the company contracted to make the wiring harnesses gave
up and I had to do all of them myself. Viel Spass!

-jsw