Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tapping 6-32 in aluminum

wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 07:30:13 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 21:55:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The cheap ones are far from accurate. I bought 2 on ebay - both
were
in-accurate, and they didn't even match each other. (readings
were
different and didn't match my 3 multitesters, that all agreed
within
less than 1/10 volt and less than 1/100 amp

Look closely, mine had tiny calibration trim pots.

These useless pieces of scrap didn't.

They look like flathead mounting screws rather than pots. This one
is
2mm in diameter.

-jsw

I know whst they look like - and they are not there. It uses "laser
trimmed resistors" for calibration - and I think they over-trimmed
them. Suspect what is sold on e-bay direct out of china is the
rejects
for some brand name product sold elsewhere at significantly higher
price

I've been paying a little more to gain the filtering effect of
Amazon's return policy, which prods vendors into replacing junk for
free. Often someone posts a link to the missing manuals and wiring
schematics in the Comments.
-jsw