Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32423 Ignoramus32423 is offline

Default Tapping 6-32 in aluminum

On 2015-04-06, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 10:26:40 -0500, Ignoramus32423

On 2015-04-06, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus32423 fired this volley in
:

The good news is that, as they run, even after a while, the heatsink
is only barely warm.

What you did not say was 1) the raw battery voltage,

12v nominal

2) the current (both peak and average) for the arm

Not sure, not a lot. The arm operates very intermittently.

3) the current(ibid) for the tracks.

Not sure what is the current for the 5v tracks, but my best guess is 1.2
amps when driving in a straight line, and about 3A when turning on a
dime.

Are you using spring-loaded momentary toggles on that controller?
Seems less than optimal.

Any suggestions?

To check current draw, throw one of these inline with the power line,
using standard USB connectors. They're great little units, and you
can't beat the price.

http://tinyurl.com/oyq53ro
I picked up a couple when they were a buck, with free shipping.
One went to my niece, with a power module for her cellphone.

This is cool, indeed!