Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default California Drought pics

On 03/23/2015 9:22 AM, dpb wrote:

....[couple of SW KS Dust Bowl stories elided for brevity]...

Them was tough folks...

One last one...my grandfather, "Andy" and his brother initially
homesteaded on this "home quarter" together. After a couple of years
grandpa bought out Frank who moved to another place NE of town about 10
miles north of us. Granddad was a "go-getter", Frank was a little more
relaxed in his approach to things; still quite successful, but a little
more given to diversion.

The story is that while still farming together and heading out for
morning chores on day Frank says, "Andy, I never was afraid of work but
_must_ we sneak up on it in the dark?"