Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Idea for niche product, if anyone is so inclined

On 3/20/2015 4:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Wull, I did say "might". Your work enviro isn't up to CAL-OSHA
standards, is it? Ah dinna thin so.

No, it certainly isn't, but this is changing rapidly. New corporate
owners are very safety conscious. I just completed 3 days of Work Health
Safety training, and am the maintenance rep to the safety committee. All
of us are set on improving plant safety. I also had two fellows from
Master Lock come out, tour the plant, and review our lockout procedures
and equipment, and ordering a fair bit of kit to better deal with
locking out anything being serviced.

In some respects, I'd say things here are tougher. If Work Safety came
through and saw me grinding without safety glasses, it's an on the spot
$6k fine for me personally, $30k for the company. Tickets are required
for forklifts, working at heights, working in confined spaces, etc etc.
We're no longer a locally owned small town abattoir, there are many new
programs being rolled out at once. It's good to see!

Jon