Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:34:17 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
On 3/20/2015 7:27 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Has anyone seen short jackstands with a screw adjustment for height
that are rated for cars versus campers? When I put it on four
jackstands to pull the tires and repeatedly bleed the brakes only
three made contact.

"Point of order": this is RCM, your question should be about making
such, or modifying an existing one G. Seriously - you only need
one finely adjustable stand. And it just needs to keep the car
steady - the other 3 can carry the load. So, put an upright bolt
into the top of one of your stands & you're done. Bob

I could, and did think about it, or I could support the lighter rear
with a single centered floor jack. But I'm not going to remove the
tires and crawl underneath with such support.

-jsw

I Never...ever...work under a vehicle supported by only a floor jack.
Not in this lifetime, nor in the next.

PJ O'Rourke