Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default California Drought pics

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:45:16 -0700, ex-PFC Wintergreen
wrote:

On 3/20/2015 12:21 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:38:33 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 08:35:11 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I took some photos yesterday of Lake Castaic, which is a man made
lake at the foot of the Grapevine ..(mountain range I travel weekly
between Los Angeles and the Central Valley.)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Castaic2015

Gunner

Man, that's dry. You're going to have to switch to drinking booze if
that keeps up.

Ed

===========================
I know there is a lot of hand wringing going on, but what
*REAL* steps have been taken?

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/env...e11355200.html

They do have some options. First, stock up on deoderant and cologne.
It's going to be a smelly summer in many parts of California.

Second, smear yourself with Vaseline to cut down on skin evaporation.

Third, get some salt water soap. If you've ever tried to wash with
regular soap in salt water, you know what I mean. The soap turns to
something like Crisco. But, if that happens, leave it on. See
"Vaseline," above.

Eat more fried food, instead of boiled or steamed.

Kiss your lawn goodbye.

Suck on a cactus.

Move.

--