Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default California Drought pics

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:49:59 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
I took some photos yesterday of Lake Castaic, which is a man made
lake at the foot of the Grapevine ..(mountain range I travel weekly
between Los Angeles and the Central Valley.)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Castaic2015

Gunner

Somebody's gonna be thirsty ... What percentage of full is that , 25%-35%
? Might look half-full , but the top half has about 3 times the capacity of
the bottom half ...

If you do some scaling..you will note that the water level is beyond
200 feet low. If you will note the concrete tower on the far end of
the dam..it should be partially submerged

If we dont get any rain next year..California is gonna be out..out of
water. Period. End Program. Full stop.

You can see last years water level on the dam ..the dark line.

Of course its only one..one of our dams..but its representative.

That being said...California gets regular droughts..with about a 12
yr period and a length of between 5 and 7 yrs..so ever 19 or so years
we almost run out of water..then it rains again for a few years and
refills the state.

PJ O'Rourke