Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:45:38 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:27:41 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Has anyone seen short jackstands with a screw adjustment for height
that are rated for cars versus campers? When I put it on four
jackstands to pull the tires and repeatedly bleed the brakes only
three made contact.

Maybe a Screw Jack?

http://www.amazon.com/JET-SJ-5T-5-To.../dp/B00079WOZI

You need to go to some old farm auctions. There used to be a whole
bunch of nice mechanical jacks years ago. I've got several that have
filled a niche from time-to-time. You can still buy some new but you'll
pay a lot more...

Indeed. I have some old "Ford" (?) jacks that are screw threaded
jacks. with a collection of 2x6 and 4x6 wood scraps..can do just
about anything

PJ O'Rourke