Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:01:58 -0700, Gunner Asch

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 17:55:36 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 15:03:58 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message

I hear ya. Crawling under the car reminds me I'm getting old.

Time to buy a creeper. What a difference it makes in ease!

and ramps. And a couple jack stands. Makes life so so much better

Amen.

The rusty spot failed when I hit the brakes harder than usual while
driving the car onto ramps in my driveway to inspect the exhaust. I
was feeling my way up to just barely reaching the top from traction +
momentum since I can't see it very well from the seat, and stopped
with the axle balanced over the ridge between the slope and the wheel
depression on top. That failure could have been worse in so many ways.

Now I've paid attention to the pedal pressure for normal traffic
stopping, the pressure to trigger the ABS, and how much harder I can
push when stopped, which doesn't set off the ABS.

Has anyone seen short jackstands with a screw adjustment for height
that are rated for cars versus campers? When I put it on four
jackstands to pull the tires and repeatedly bleed the brakes only
three made contact.

A finely adjustable stand would help with cutting off long heavy stock
on the horizontal bandsaw too. Currently I hang the beam from a tripod
and winch it into line with the saw table top.

-jsw