Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Idea for niche product, if anyone is so inclined

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
On 3/19/2015 12:34 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:22:16 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

My usual fix for a weak latch is Velcro.

Velcro letting loose might be audible in a mfg enviro.

You fellows haven't worked in a rendering plant, have ya?
Almost up to my elbows today in sheep guts, hocks, and heads dealing
with an infeed belt issue on the hogger (which turns said items into
goo and little bits) Velcro would quickly capture bits of this
stuff. Bad enough I have to work with that crap, but I have enough
problem trying to leave the aroma at work without hauling around
little tiny bits of it. And believe me, it doesn't take much. I
washed my hands twice at work and I can still smell it as I type.
And noise? How about a 100hp motor driving that hogger as it
pulverizes cattle heads. Not to mention everything else in there
that makes a racket. Anyway...

The band is simply slipped up over the area where the locking bits
are, preventing them from being pulled out of the slots. This is not
an issue of something pulling the end of the strap. Slide which ever
hand you wear a watch on, over the edge of something like the edge
of a table. All you have to do is catch the side of the strap, and
it peels out far easier than you might think. Appreciate the
suggestions, don't get me wrong. But have a simple solution, just no
time/means to make one right now.

Jon

I was taught to not wear -anything- that could snag and pull you in or
conduct electricity or be lost where it could do damage when working
on machinery or electronics.

-jsw