Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Flare brake lines?

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:20:09 AM UTC-7, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 3/18/2015 8:00 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
The advice I was hoping for was a recommendation of a compatible or
insoluble heavy grease to put on the bleeder threads. ...

I have seen a YouTube video of bleeding with vacuum where they put
something on the bleeder threads to seal them. Sorry that I can't be
more specific, as there is a gazillion brake bleeding videos.

I've used HandiTak for that (and have heard that plumber's teflon tape
also works, but cannot confirm).

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Glue-HandiTAK-Reusable-Adhesive/dp/B001O8Q1PU

It deteriorates incontact with brake fluid (I was sloppy), but it seals well enough to
do a vacuum bleed.