Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 00:19:01 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:58:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:23:11 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:40:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Newp. Iffen you didn't buy them from the dealer, you bought a used
car. Like gravity, it's the LAW!

I bought the Taurus from the dealer that sold it new to the first
owner - does that count????

Close, but no seegar.

I had a fun half hour this morning. Y'know that new battery I
bought a couple weeks ago? The old one decided it would die on me
this morning on the way to a job. I lucked out, listening to my
intuition those weeks ago, so I was back on the road in 20-some odd
minutes.

What? You didn't pop the battery open and repair it??? (BG)

Touche! Yeah, pop the lid, hold a lighter over it while looking for
the open circuit or crusty cell, and...

Hay , I distinctly remember my dad repairing a L/A battery ! IIRC the
problem was an open between 2 cells . Dad dug the tar !! out , remelted
the lead joint , and melted the removed tar and poured it back in . This had
to be in the 50's , which would have me 7-8 yrs old . Do you feel old when
you remember **** that happened over 50 years ago ?
Then there was the time Dad used a set of jumper cables and two carbons
from a pair of D cells to resolder a wire on Uncle Bill's starter/generator
commutator (outboard motor) so us kids could ski . That was at Palisades
Lake Reservoir? near Idaho Falls Idaho , and on Sunday morning we picked
wild blueberries to make pancakes .
Walk down memory lane ...
--
Snag