Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:27:18 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:05:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

technomaNge wrote:

On 03/15/2015 01:14 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

After Leonard Nimoy died MeTV ran Mission Impossible, Twilight Zone,
Get Smart etc episodes he'd been in. I was more impressed with him as
Spock than any of the others, including recently as William Bell on
Fringe.

Did they show the episode of Highway Patrol (starring
Broderick Crawford) where Leonard Nimoy was a gun-toting heavy?

I didn't think they were running Highway Patrol these days and I
don't see it listed. http://metvnetwork.com/shows/ They can't run it if
they don't have the rights.

BTW, Thank you, I got the package. I haven't been on the group for a
while, due to all the trips to the VA wound clinic. The long days of
travel leave me exhausted. At least I'm no longer waking myself up with
my screaming in pain, and catching myself about to roll out of bed from
the muscle spasms.

Egad! Welcome back. I wondered where you'd gone, not having seen a
post from you in a coon's age. Condolences on the pain. That has to
be the absolute suckiest portion of our human existence.

How'd the VA fix ya? New meds (hopefully) or (eek) procedures?

Thanks. I was spending a little time on Facebook, to catch up on
friends who don't know what Usenet is, or have no access to it.

Well, good.

I have been making trips there since around last Veteran's day. They
have a wound clinic, and use things like Santyl in the deep ulcers. A 30
gram tube of the stuff is over $250, They use some silver bearing pads,
and at first they used some special foam pads to adsorb the drainage.
Then everything was covered with a soft cast, for a week at a time.

Sounds nasty, but I'm sure it was nice once you got the meds on.

The wound was a long thin line. It is now two smaller, and shallow
wounds that they covered with skin grafts. They didn't give me anything
for the pain, of course. I was told by one VA nurse that being in enough
pain to consider taking your legs off with a chain saw was only a '3' on
a scale from 1 to 10. I called her 'Nurse Ratched'.

What a beeyotch!

She was also they
PITA that insisted that no one could figure out how to use a Glucose
meter, without sitting through their class.

After having _used_ one several times daily for 30 years, eh? sigh

-- Sir Winston Churchill